Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mudiyadu, Amma, NO WAY!


It is a Monday today! Monday means Mom's Day out here at home sweet home. I was thinking what could possibly go wrong today when Amma gave me a plateful of delicious Pongal. I couldn't believe my luck. Breakfast without brushing? What was wrong with Amma today? I was going to grab a bite of "Made in Heaven" Pongal, when Dad noticed the CloseUp tube idling in the stand. For a change, I must add. Dad applied his Scotland Yard Chief Detective brains and deduced I hadn't brushed since last night and chased me all over the house in a gallant effort to exterminate all the germs that must be honeymooning in my gums. Reluctantly, I obliged.

Pongal was truly out of the world. Ananta Padmanabha Swamy Temple's chief cook...you are truly amazing! I LOVE YOU. The accompanying kesari was equally yummyyy.

Meanwhile, seeing none of my friends online, I resolved to study. Sat with Complex Numbers and worked out one big two line sum[Relax, Shreya DidiG], when Mom entered the stage with the most feared thing in the household.


OIL!

Nope, she wasn't attempting arson. Chill! Just attempting to convince me an oil bath is good for my health. Ignoring all my "Chancy, Mudiyadu" protests, she made me squat down and yeah...

I'M SOAKING IN 5.67 GALLONS OF OIL AT THE MO'!


The really annoying flowing feel of oil, sheesh!, it is like covering yourself with leeches. AARGHH! But, Mummy doesn't see all this. Just that, like good old Paati says, oil baths help in keeping a glowing and smooth skin. But, I don't plan to walk the ramp at Lakme Fashion Week next year, Ma, PURINJUDA?

I can hear the "Ennai oda laptop eppo onakku romba thevaya. Kulika poda!" in the most nicest tone possible from Mrs. Raguraman. Before "poda" is replaced by "poitolayenda", I must be off.

Bbye!

2 comments:

  1. hey finally sathish has taken his bath aft one year(the last bath was on 01.01.09);)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and also...hey ma chitti cooks well onl da...:x

    ReplyDelete